I think the cost of energy will come down when we make this transition to renewable energy.
STRUCTURING AND FINANCING
ENGINEERING AND CONSULTING SERVICES
Engineering services include:
- Maintenance services
- Project management
Engineering services for Renewable Energy IPPs include:
- Equipment installation
- Electrical reticulation
- Switchgear installations:
- commissioning; and
I think that the world is in the middle of a huge transition that we have to make to renewable energy. We have to transition away from fossil fuels very, very quickly.
CREDE INVESTOR ONE FUND
The Fund’s objective is to buy out (secondary) equity stakes of operating renewable energy projects commissioned under the SA Renewable Energy Independent Power Producer Procurement Programme (REIPPPP).
|Structure:||En’ Commandite Partnership|
|Fund Type:||Closed End|
|Strategy:||Focused on operating income generating / REIPPPP assets|
|Fund Life:||10 years, 2 potential – 1yr extensions|
|Investment Period:||5 years|
|Target Returns:||SA CPI plus 8% (gross)||Fund Size:||ZAR 1,5 billion|
|Min:||ZAR 50 Million|
|Performance Hurdle :||CPI plus 2%|
The key principle of the Fund’s investment policy is to provide investors with strong investment returns. In implementing its investment policy, the Manager will contemplate available operating and near-operating renewable-energy opportunities and future undertakings that will yield satisfactory returns at acceptable risk levels and, when making investments, will seek to achieve a reasonable level of diversification across a spread of renewable energy assets. The Fund’s investment criteria include the following:
- The Fund will focus on renewable-energy investments which provide a stable, predictable and low-risk income stream, with opportunities to enhance value through active restructuring of the overall project capital structure.
- The Fund will only invest in operating renewable-energy assets commissioned under the REIPPP programme.
- The Fund will invest in renewable-energy assets that offer a contractual inflation pass-through mechanism and renewable-energy assets that enjoy highly inelastic demand profiles.
- REIPPPP assets will provide investors with attractive returns with relatively low volatility.
50 years of combined experience in various areas within the power sector
141 Jan Smuts Avenue Parkwood Johannesburg
Sandile Sokhela, CFA
Tel: +22 (011) 262 0441
M: +27 (082) 466 7611